NYM School superintendent is one of nine people selected for state honor
New York Mills School Superintendent Blaine Novak is one of nine school administrators in the state who has been named as a regional administrator of excellence.
The honor is given by the Minnesota Association of School Administrators (MASA) and Novak was selected as the Region 4 Regional Administrators of Excellence Award recipient.
Each of the administrators who received this award is recognized for their leadership, concern for students, and active involvement in professional and community affairs. The recipients will be honored at a statewide recognition ceremony during the MASA/MASE Spring Conference held March 10-11.
Established in 1985, the purpose of the Region Administrator of Excellence Award is to honor an administrator each year from each of the nine MASA regions. The person selected is representative of the leadership excellence found in MASA members, exhibits a willingness to risk, possesses strong communications skills, is a progressive change agent, and has high expectations for themselves and others.
Each recipient is an active member of MASA who demonstrates professional and organizational leadership within their respective region. MASA members of each region determine the recipient of their local award.
2022 MASA Regional Administrators of Excellence Award recipients include:
• Region 1: Dr. Matt Hillmann, Superintendent, Northfield Public Schools
• Region 2: Mandy Fletcher, Superintendent, Blue Earth Area Schools
• Region 3: Dr. Chad Anderson, Superintendent, Tracy Area Public Schools
• Region 4: Blaine Novak, Superintendent, New York Mills School District
• Region 5: Laine Larson, Superintendent, Brainerd Public Schools
• Region 6: Rob Prater, Superintendent, Hinckley-Finlayson Public Schools
• Region 7: John Engelking, Superintendent, Proctor Public Schools
• Region 8: Lisa Weber, Superintendent, Waubun-Omega-White Earth Schools
• Region 9: Dr. Carly Baker, Superintendent, Brooklyn Center Community Schools