Newsweek’s “World’s Best Hospitals” report for 2022 is out and Perham Health is listed in the Top Ten Hospitals in Minnesota and ranked 283rd in the top 500 hospitals in the U.S.
Top 10 hospitals in Minnesota for 2022 include:
1. Mayo Clinic – Rochester, Minn. (#1 in the U.S.)
2. St. Cloud Hospital – St. Cloud, Minn. (#54 in the U.S.)
3. University of Minnesota Medical Center – Minneapolis, Minn. (#63 in the U.S.)
4. Abbott Northwestern Hospital – Minneapolis, Minn. (#109 in the U.S.)
5. Regions Hospital – St. Paul, MN (#123 in the U.S.)
6. Fairview Southdale Hospital – Edina, Minn. (#167 in the U.S.)
7. Fairview Ridges Hospital – Burnsville, Minn. (#196 in the U.S.)
8. Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital – St. Louis Park, Minn. (#199 in the U.S.)
9. Mayo Clinic Health System – Albert Lea, Minn. (#206 in the U.S.)
10. Perham Health – Perham (#283 in the U.S.)
Mayo Clinic in Rochester was also named “Best Hospital in the World.”
Newsweek collaborated with Statista, a data storage and analysis company, to review three data sources—results from patient experience surveys, data on quality measures, and recommendations from medical experts (physician leaders and specialists, nurse leaders, quality and patient safety experts, and other healthcare professionals).
“I am extremely proud of everyone at Perham Health for this well-deserved recognition,” said Chuck Hofius, Perham Health CEO. “The criteria for this award favors large, urban hospitals that tend to be top-of-mind, such as Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. For Perham Health to receive this award—the only small, rural community hospital listed in the state’s top 10 – is a testament to the exceptional team of professionals across our organization working together to deliver great care and great service.”