VFW POST 3289 AUXILIARY MINUTES
News | Published on April 10, 2023 at 3:04pm GMT+0000 | Author: Tucker Henderson0
The VFW Post 3289 Auxiliary met March 9 with 17 members present.
Minutes from the February 9 meeting were approved, and the February 28 Treasurer’s Report was filed subject to audit.
There was one petition for new membership.
The General Orders Bulletin for March 2023 from the Department President was read and discussed. Thank you cards and letters were received from the VFW National Home, Fergus Falls Veterans Home, Silver Bay Veterans Home, and the East Otter Tail Dairy Princess Program.
Committee reports were given. National Vietnam War Veterans Day is March 29 and National Former POW Recognition Day is April 9. Information was shared about sewing heart pillows for veterans in the ICU at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center. Volunteers are also needed for veterans residing or recuperating at non-VA facilities. Veterans Day on the Hill is March 30 in St. Paul. Several topics will be discussed that would help Minnesota Veterans and their surviving spouses. Information on contests open to students has been shared with the school. The deadline for entries to be submitted to the Auxiliary is March 31.
In other business:
• Finalized plans for the District 9 meeting scheduled for March 11.
• Discussed standing payments to the New York Mills and Henning food pantries.
• Auxiliary members will meet on March 19 to work on year end reports.
• Delegates and alternates were selected for the District 9 Convention on April 29.
• Draped the Charter for 1985-86 Department of Minnesota President Bernice Peterson and 3289 Auxiliary Member Jody Limanen who passed away recently.
The next meeting will be held on Thursday, April 13, 2023, at 6 p.m.