LREC awards $36,300 in funding to local organizations
News | Published on April 25, 2023 at 2:39pm GMT+0000 | Author: Tucker Henderson0
Lake Region Electric Cooperative’s (LREC) voluntary charitable fundraising program Operation Round Up (ORU) hosted their quarterly meeting on April 10. During the meeting, the ORU Board of Trustees awarded a total of $36,300 to 16 local organizations and programs across LREC’s service territory. Since ORU began in 2007, LREC has awarded $596,120 and has made an enormous impact on the members and communities LREC serves.
Organizations receiving funds this quarter are:
• $5,000 to the Frazee Community Development Corp/Wannigan Park Project
• $3,000 to BIO Girls
• $2,500 to the Barnesville Area Community Fund
• $2,000 to Building A Legacy Education Foundation
• $1,400 to Otter Cove Children’s Museum
• $1,000 to Moccasin Valley
• $1,000 to the Clay County Fair & Agricultural Association
• $400 to the Pelican Rapids Living At Home Block Nurse Program
• $5,000 to Tyler Wohler’s Trail
• $2,500 to the Minnesota Firefighter Initiative
• $1,000 to the Pine to Prairie Antique Tractor and Gas Engine Association
• $1,500 to Women United of Otter Tail County
• $3,500 to Friends-of Friends Fighting Hunger
• $2,500 to the Friends of the Prairie Wetlands Learning Center
• $3,000 to Faith Haven Camp, Inc.
• $1,000 to Our Saviors Ten Mile Lake Church Quilters
To learn more about the organizations who received funding, please follow LREC’s Facebook page (@LakeRegionElectricCoop) as we connect with and spotlight recipients.
Individuals who have a community project that needs funding, please complete the online Operation Round Up Request for Funding form found at www.lrec.coop/ORU and submit it with supporting documentation for consideration. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until June 15, 2023.